Movie Critic

As a movie critic, it is so important to love, understand, and appreciate different types of film (even if it is cringey). There are some pointless films that have absolutely no message behind them or just don’t display it clearly. Sometimes the acting is so horrible that you just can’t finish the movie, we’ve all been there before. Sometimes the movie plot is also horrible that it completely disappoints you when you are excited to watch the movie. Many movies have a message behind them, and many don’t. The ones that don’t have a message usually have a bad plot line and bad acting, or they’re just cringey to watch. Movies now don’t seem to be the greatest as they were when I was growing up. Old Disney movies were the source of messages for kids, even if they didn’t fully understand it at the time, they realized that each of those movies had a meaning later in life. Even in adult comedies and dramas, they had a message for adults to understand and enjoy. In my opinion, movies from the 1990’s to about 2015 was a good era for all genres of movies. In the recent years there have been some decent movies that have come out with good acting and has a good story plot to it. Overall, film should have a meaning to it, with that having a good story, acting/voice acting, and a valid message to provide viewers and leave them with a question or an answer.  

Comments

  1. Madi, I really like your take on what makes up a good movie. Your point on Disney movies having meanings that many didn't understand as kids struck me. So many of those movies I could rewatch and really come to appreciate them more. I was once told by an old teacher that great books are the ones that you can keep reading and find a new message every time you read. I believe this to be true with movies as well. The great ones leave the audience feeling moved or inspired. I think that would be the reason why people are drawn to those kinds of movies than others. A movie with no real message or plot strikes me as a waste of time. As a fellow movie critic, if I feel that I have wasted my time then the movie rating will almost never be good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disney's 1997 Hercules - Movie Trailer Analysis

Moonlight

Everything Everywhere All at Once